TAJBank Limted - We are here to build a sustainable ethical brand through exceptional service, innovation and professionalism whilst enhancing stakeholders’ value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
- Identify and taking ownership of sales leads generated from other parts of the business
- Champion the marketing and business development function in the Region towards achieving a significant impact on the bank’s bottom-line
- Develops new deposit and investment business
- Provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, training, guidance and staff motivation
- Achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships
- Responsible for attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs
- Assesses market conditions, defines, recommends, implements and monitors business strategy in order to gain and sustain the bank’s competitive edge and results
- Reviews and controls the branch’s operating costs within the agreed budget in order to maintain cost control
- Assesses, analyzes, defines, recommends, implements and follows up market intelligence, and marketing plans in order to meet retail banking strategic objectives
- Identifies customer needs, initiates action and follows up in order to meet customer expectations
- Identifies training needs, recommends, guides, rotates, monitors and follows up on staff progress in order to improve staff competencies
- Participates in social engagements to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities
- Assesses, recommends changes, enforces bank protocols, maintains the branch appearance and deals with the branch security issues
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of all compliance and bank policy issues that affect customers’ businesses and the bank
- Delegates customer service function for new and existing customers to operations officers or other bank personnel
- Appreciable knowledge of International Transactions (Bank Guarantees, LCs, Funds Transfer, Shipping documents, etc)
- Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures and policy principles
- Demonstrable strong knowledge in Trade Finance
- Knowledge of export processing & reconciliation, bills for collection, and other regulatory reports
- Provide a central advisory/information/ query handling service point for the portfolio.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service fulfillment and investment
- Interact periodically with clients to analyze and establish ongoing needs and to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements
- Accurately and efficiently processing customer mandates/ documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Facilitate the conduct of KYC all the new focus customers
- Plan and implement annual Investment reviews
- Explain and structure/customise Investment facility options, parameters and qualify criteria.
- Support customers in the completion of Investment application information requirements e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts.
- Notify customers regarding the approval/ decline of Investment loan facilities.
- Monitor daily referrals to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Investment. Exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities
- Manage and controlling industry sector, client exposure, and securities held to contain risk.
- Explore alternative solutions in the event of declines from Investment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the relationship officers, ensuring personal development. Coaching and mentoring
- Manage the performance contribution of relevant support staff.
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensuring that direct report and other support staff receive the requisite learning and skills development interventions
- % attainment of annual budget (Deposit and Risk Asset)
- Net Operating Income
- Investment Quality
- Human Capital Return on Investment
- Turnaround time
- Sales Collection
- Staff Turnover/Retention
- External Customer Satisfaction Rate
- Customer Acquisition Rate
- % time of closing opportunities
- Staff Training Hours.
- Staff Development
- A First Degree from a reputable higher institution. A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification/membership of a recognized body.
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience.
- Banking Operations, Products & Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Banking Structure, Policies & Procedures
- Core Business Processes
- Industry Knowledge
- Marketing and Networking
- Using of Banking applications.
Application Closing Date
- Results orientation
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Team work
- Personal mastery
- Analytical thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Deal Structuring Skills
- Cultural awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online