Watercress Hotel International Limited is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Chef/ Cook
- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
- Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes.
- You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner.
- Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred.
20th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.