School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
- Strategic Employee Engagement to ensure a motivated workforce and overall increased productivity
- Culture custodian- ensuring that the culture of the organization is continually reinforced and that overall work ethics reflects the core values of the company
- Manpower planning- Recruitment and backfilling within specified timelines
- Management and Administration of Compensation and Benefits
- Performance Management- Ensuring the process cycle is adopted with full implementation
- Training Needs Identification and Capacity building- Scheduling and Implementation of Trainings
- Custodian of Human Resource Policies and Implementation of its provisions
- Administration of Employee Welfare activities to include Insurance policies (Group life and HMO management)
- Record management/ HRIS (Human Resource Information System) Management and designing roles with specific job descriptions
- Strategic roles- Business partner to senior management on business decisions and career path/ succession planning
- Other duties assigned.
- Developing robust employee engagement strategies to foster integration of the company’s business units
- Ensuring that staff members are actively engaged through regular meetings, one on one sessions
- Drafting an activities calendar for the FY and ensuring execution
- Staff counselling and support
- Dispute/ conflict resolution amongst staff members
Manpower planning and recruitment:
- Strategic manpower planning, benchmarking staff structure with standard practice
- End to end recruitment, either as expansion or back filling
- Matching the allocated budget as per wage bill with resource requisition
- Staff audit
- Overseeing proper documentation for all staff to include all file requirements as stated in the policy and ensuring that the files are updated with all relevant correspondence in the course of employment
- Conducting background check for all new hires within a month of employment and providing feedback to senior management.
- Overseeing record management by ensuring staff files are safe and organized in the cabinet provided.
Administration of compensation and benefit:
- Ensuring that all staff salaries are processed and updates sent to Accounts by 20th of the month
- Prompt processing of all staff allowances as stipulated in the policy
- Ensuring strategic review of salaries as per policy and performance appraisal scores and advising senior management on implementation structure
- Monitoring pension administration with accounts team to ensure compliance
- Coordinating with admin team on staff travels (ticket booking, allowance processing, hotel accommodation)
- Managing staff loans and all salary advance requests
- Drafting and reviewing job description for all staff
- Ensuring strategic planning for annual performance management cycles
- Carrying out a goal settings exercise at the start of the FY and monitoring performance through quarterly periodic review
- Scheduling annual appraisals at the end of the FY with all eligible staff
- Making recommendation on salary review and or promotion for eligible staff
- Carrying out competence mapping to ensure skill sets match relevant roles for staff Developing a performance improvement plan to monitor staff performance.
Training and Development:
- Identifying training needs of staff through the appraisal process
- Drafting a training budget for the FY fully considering all eligible staff
- Sourcing for relevant training (external) and making recommendations to senior management and ensuring implementation of the planned trainings
- Building capacities internally by knowledge share sessions and in-house trainings.
HR policies and process implementation:
- Strategic policy making with senior management benchmarking standard practice including all business entities
- Culture custodian- ensuring that the culture of the organization is continually reinforced and that overall work ethics reflect the core values of the company
- Ensuring that the HR policy manual is up to date with all revised/ reviewed policies and ensuring policy implementation
- Educating all staff periodically on policies as applicable to their employment lifecycle
- Driving compliance with Internal control on all staff policies.
- Addressing all disciplinary issues through accurate interpretation of the procedures laid out in the Human Resource Policies
- Ensuring prompt escalation of any such issues requiring senior management attention
- Issuing queries and final warning letters to defaulters
- Ensuring progressive discipline and keeping record of all flagged cases
- Coordinate the annual vacation schedule with all Heads of Department and ensure compliance
- Ensuring that all vacation days are taken as stipulated in the policy with proper documentation
- Processing of leave allowance for staff as stipulated in the policy - (when this policy is implemented by Senior Management).
- Ensuring that all staff members are adequately provided with work tools. All work tools required for their deliverables must be provided by the Admin and IT teams
- Overseeing the management of HMO administration to all staff and ensuring prompt renewal of the scheme
- Management of the Group Life insurance policy to cover all eligible staff
- Making adequate provision for staff during peak period to include refreshments
- Ensuring a safe and healthy working environment in all locations
- Making scheduled periodic visits to locations apart from the Head office
- Attending to all staff issues and escalating to senior management where necessary.
- Business partner to senior management on all staff matters. Providing strategic support to senior management on all business decisions as applicable
- Coordinate quarterly retreats to review strategic, operational and financial global targets
- Strategic implementation of corporate social responsibility and other key HR initiatives
- Career path/ succession planning
- Any other duties assigned.
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc or M.Sc in any related field
- Minimum of 4 years HR experience
- Professional HR qualification is an added advantage
20th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.