One Acre Fund - Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiitng to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Office of the CFO
Duration: Full-time job
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Analyst will work directly with the CFO and Finance leadership primarily on ad hoc special projects and support with the administrative oversight for the 35+ central finance team based in Kigali. This is an excellent opportunity to gain an inside view on what it takes to manage a centralized global finance team for one of the fastest growing organizations with operations in 9+ countries.
- We are seeking an exceptionally organized professional with a keen eye to detail, excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. The successful applicant will be a strong self-starter who is able to take the initiative and problem-solve effectively. This humble person also possesses a positive attitude, a love of efficiency and passion for internal customer service.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake ad-hoc research work, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents e.g. how can we integrate mobile money platforms to our ERP to enhance the payment process
- Provide thought-partnership, project management, writing, and analytical support on projects on behalf of the leadership team e.g. or prepare a RFP for in country consultants to execute a restructuring strategy or support in moving candidates for our various open roles faster.
- Support to collate and prepare information for key meetings such as the Finance Committee
- Track the team OKRs/KPI dashboard and identify possible solutions in low performing areas
- Draft communication with existing service providers or responses to requests from external stakeholders (banks, regulators, donors etc.)
Administrative Support/ Coordination:
- Design and build the internal finance website for effective knowledge sharing purposes (recently the org transitioned from Sprout to Google sites)
- Prepare internal communications with staff regarding various people focused initiatives, plan office hours for the leadership and periodic newsletter
- Assist with event planning for annual leadership retreat. Coordinating participant logistics, communications and agenda creation
- Work with other teams to organize team field visits and champion org-wide initiatives that strive to maintain employees’ mission engagement
We are seeking a candidate with 1-2 years of full time work experience. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or other related qualification. Excellent undergraduate academic performance or Master’s degree considered a plus
- Performance: demonstrated by impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail and creative problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communications: clear, concise and courteous with demonstrated ability to effectively adapt communication for the target audiences. Writing samples will be requested.
- Strong research and analysis: candidates should have experience and skills in conducting powerful secondary research.
- Flexibility/adaptability: someone who is able to juggle multiple projects and change priorities as new projects arise.
- Professional/technical skills: ability to hit the ground running with high levels of proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. A reasonable understanding of finance principles is an advantage.
- Values fit: we are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service – someone that puts our farmers before themselves.'
- Language: English required.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date
- Health insurance, paid time off
8th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online