African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Assistant, AHHD1
Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
Position N°: 50070428
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Agriculture, Human, and Social Development’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s TYS High 5s priority of “Feed Africa” and “Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
- The complex objectives are (i) to develop, policy and strategy; (ii) provide deep sector expertise to the Regions by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide sector expertise on complex transactions; (iii) develop new financing instruments; (iv) the VP will act as the spoke person to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on aspects of “Feed Africa” and Improve Quality of Life for the People of Africa”.
- The Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department spearheads the Bank wide Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy implementation coordination as well as the achievement of the High 5s on “Improving the Quality of Life of People in Africa” and contributes to the other High 5s.
- The Department supports scaling-up of Bank’s support to strengthening Jobs for Youth Flagship coordination, education, skills, employment, health systems and nutrition, for industrialization and economic transformation.
- The Department leads the Bank’s support to Africa’s economic transformation by: (i) developing and promoting the adoption of relevant policies and strategies; (ii) providing deep multi-sector expertise to the regional hubs by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide technical advice on complex transactions (Communities of Practice); (iii) developing new financing instruments; and, (iv) fostering strategic partnerships to leverage resources into the human and social development sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the general supervision of the Division Manager AHHD1 Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development, the Operation/Programme Assistant will primarily assist the Division in implementing the work programme, including technical support in specific areas such as SAP entry of data relating to procurement and disbursement and work program monitoring and undertake preliminary analyses of operations dossiers.
The Operations Assistant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide operational support to the Division Manager;
- Manage the electronic data archiving system of the Division
- Manage the division's database and perform any task related to data entry and analysis as required;
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the annual Work Programme;
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the quarterly mission programme;
- Compile the portfolio database of the division / department (Non-Sovereign Operations, complex projects, trust funds, special initiatives, co-financing);
- Compiles and present data on projects (managed by the regional hubs) related to the sectors under the division / department;
- Report on accuracy and completeness of SAP, BPPS & SRAS data;
- Prepare and Monitor the implementation of the administrative budget and determine/recommend allocation of funds when necessary;
- Assist with recruitment of consultants, initiate SAP processing of their contracts, prepare service orders, process their payments and follow them up with the Accounting and Treasury units concerned
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the management and performance of the division activities;
- Facilitate training on the use of the Bank-wide Project Processing Schedule (BPPS), SAP;
- Assist in preparing documents, briefing notes, spreadsheets and correspondence necessary to manage work programme and projects / programmes;
- Assist in the preparation and organization of activities such as seminars, workshops etc.
- Coordinate matters with the Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS), if necessary, for all issues relating to the SAP / BPPS / ATRS / SRAS system and other information technologies; play the role of SAP resource person in the division and the department; provide technical assistance to the staff in the use of SAP;
- Take notes during meetings, draft correspondence and prepare minutes as requested;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Division
Application Closing Date
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree, in Public Administration, Management, Information Technology or related field.
- Preferably a minimum of five (5) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an international organization.
- Ability to work as part of a team and providing support to other team members where needed.
- High integrity and accountability in all aspects of portfolio management and programme implementation.
- Professional approach: a good grasp of the Bank’s organizational functions and procedures; self-control and a commendable personality.
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
- Knowledge of administration duties
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
19th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online