SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor * M/F
Ref. No.: 2019-14496
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 6 months
Employee Status: Employee
- We are actively looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our task force to work on the provision of operations and maintenance services of power turbines.
- To check the engineering documents prepared by the contractor – in his discipline – and to give timely comments on and/or approval of, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements. To check the incorporation of such comments by the contractor.
- To check the progress of the work performed by the contractor.
- Perform technical reviews as requested by his management.
- To ensure that all risks are well anticipated and reduced as much as possible by the contractor.
- To ensure that the quality of the E&I erection work complies with contract requirements
- To assess any requests by the contractor to deviate from quality control procedures or requirements and make appropriate recommendation to the Head of hook-up.
- To participate in weekly and ad-hoc meetings with the contractor.
- To liaise with the Structure & Piping Supervisor as required.
- To prepare the daily report in his discipline.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by hierarchy.
- Experienced Engineer with a high technical level in his specialization with minimum 10 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with good experience in engineering designs, in the context of large international project.
- Good relationship with Contractor personnel
- Position localisation
Minimum level of experience required:
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency).
Application Closing Date