Al-Basar International Foundation (BIF) - Established in 1989, the Al-Basar International Foundation (BIF) is a leading non-governmental organization (NGO), non-profit making organization working in the field of prevention of blindness. BIF was established with the vision of a world free from avoidable causes of blindness. We provide therapeutic, preventative and educational programs to manage blindness and visual impairment in developing countries on a regional and international scale. In Nigeria, BIF is based in Kano city, Kano State Nigeria and operates in many other states across the country.
In collaboration with CBM, BIF is implementing an Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) project in Bauchi State, therefore applications are invited for:
Job Title: KAPB Consultant
Job Type: Fixed term
- To improve the quality of life of persons with visual impairment and other disabilities through provision of comprehensive, inclusive, affordable and accessible Eye health services that are integrated into the health systems of Bauchi States.
- The project aims to improve the quality of life of persons with visual impairments and other disabilities through the provision of comprehensive, inclusive, affordable and accessible eye health services that are integrated into the Bauchi State Health system. These the project hopes to achieve through:
- Advocacy, sensitization and community mobilization
- Capacity building
- Service delivery
- Technical support.
- To conduct a baseline assessment among target groups to establish current Knowledge, Attitude, Behaviour and Practice (KAPB) on eye health generally, and comprehensive and inclusive eye health care specifically in 2 LGAs (Azare and Bauchi) of Bauchi State
- The assessment will also provide evidence for the development of effective campaign strategies and identification of the best medium to reach target audiences.
- Soft copy and a sample hard copy of KAPB baseline assessment report.
- A Degree in Social Sciences/Humanities from a recognized institution
- A professional post-graduate qualification in social research will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in qualitative research methodologies
- A proven record of similar research conducted.
- A proficient knowledge of Hausa language.
- BIF offers reasonable fees which will be negotiated with successful candidate.
- The successful candidate will be under the direct guidance of the project manager who is responsible for final approval of the KAPB baseline assessment.
Application Closing Date
16th December, 2019; (Time - 4:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.