Job Title: Deputy, Chief Financial Officer
Job type: Full-time
- We seek to employ a highly skilled Deputy, Chief Financial Officer who will perform key support job functions for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The ideal candidate is to assist the CFO in providing both operational and strategic support to the Company.
- He/she will support the CFO in the supervision of the finance
- He/she will work with the CFO in providing the necessary assistance to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to securing of new funding, budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs to ensure smooth operations of the business.
To succeed at this role, the candidate will be expected to provide a second in charge/ key support functions to the Chief Financial Officer in performing the following duties:
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's goal and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Accounting and Finance Department and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts and partnership.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically; assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective new venture.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts/partnership and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting.
- Ensure substantial documentation is approved and available such that all purchases/expenses are duly reviewed.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with PSP regulations.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to investors, development and monitoring of Company transactions, contracts and partnership.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Attend Board and Sub-committee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the Company.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Company's needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations of bank accounts, merchant accounts and ledgers, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and timely calculations of incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Gateway settlement and merchant liabilities.
- Oversee business insurance plans.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including carrying test for impairment.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A first Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field;
- A Masters Degree and/or accredited professional ceritification(s) in Accounting and Finance/ related field is a plus;
- A minimum of 5 years' work experience in accounting and financial management, preferably in tVoguePay is Nigeria's leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate should possess sound knowledge of the following:
- Fintech/Financial Institutions accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Current trends, developments, and theories in Financial Technology and International Banking.
- Current trends and developments in Nigeria Tax System, Pension Scheme and CBN Regulations on Financial Institutions and PSP.
- Issues, concerns, and barriers of employees newly entering the workforce.
- Laws, regulations, and rules governing work requirements for TANF participants.
- Resources of public and private social service and related agencies.
- Organizational development, human resources, and program operations.
- General office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software and use of databases.