Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Manager - Economic Growth Division
Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in West Africa. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Lead Grants manager and staff on the design of grant activities, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants’ mechanism. Also, this position supervises the Grants Assistant in Dakar and the Grants Officer in Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire.
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants;
- Facilitate the evaluation of grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain grant documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database;
- Ensure use and support grantees and colleagues in the use of Creative’s online grants management system, the System for Managing Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART); and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Financial Analysis or Accounting desirable; Master's degree preferred;
- At least five years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in West Africa; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management, and ability to interpret and explain USAID regulations;
- Strong understanding of 2 CFR 200, ADS 302 and 303;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and French
- Local nationals are strongly preferred.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.