Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under the Nasarawa State Law No.2 of 2001. At present, the University runs a robust Postgraduate Programmes of international repute and Seventy Three (73) Undergraduate programmes across eight (8) Faculties, namely; Administration, Agriculture, Arts, Education, Natural & Applied Sciences, Law, Social Sciences and Environmental Science. The University is one of the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Nigeria and is situated at about 50 kilometers from the Federal Capital, Abuja.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Medical Health Services
- The Governing Council of Nasarawa State University, Keffi hereby announces that the position of Director of Medical Health Services Department of the University is vacant and so invites interested and qualified candidates to submit application
Summary of Positions
- The Director, Health Services Department will provide leadership, vision, direction and general operation of the Nasarawa State Universit Keffi, Medical Health Services Department; under the direct supervision of the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the Medical Center.
- The Director is the Administrative Head of the University Medical Health Services and shall assume full responsibility for effective organization, administration and general policy of the University Medical Center.
- Candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; must be able to command respect and loyalty of the staff of the Univeisity.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Possess good honours Degree in Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Consultant in relevant field of Medicine.
- Acceptable evidence of full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience.
- The applicant must have spent at least five (5) years as Deputy Director in a tertiary institution or other similar organization.
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15. Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the University’s Conditions of Service.
Condition of Service:
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five years. Fringe benefits are as applicable to similar positions in Nasarawa State University, Keffi, and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, CV and photocopies of their Credentials. The CV should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail and telephone numbers
- Postal address
- Permanent Home address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked "Director of Medical Health Service" to:
Nasarawa State University, Keffi,
P.M.B, 1022, Keffi,
Note: Applicants are expected to request their Referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.