Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State - It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in Federal University Gusau (FUGUS):
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CONUSS - 13)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The University Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall security and intelligence matters of the University and ensuring safety for the entire University community.
- Supervise, monitor and control sub-units in the Division
- Must be able to anticipate security crisis conditions on the campus and take appropriate measures.
- Prepare periodic security report for management action.
- Design and prepare standard training programmes for patrol-men and women for periodic implementation.
- Ensure security surveillance of both on and off campuses residence of the University.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Applicants should be holders of good honors Degree from a recognized University or its equivalent from a recognized institution in the relevant field e.g. Law, Criminology, Security Studies, Sociology or any related discipline with 15 years' cognate experience.
- Applicants must show aptitude for security work, come detection and prevention, be physically fit and of good character.
- Must be retired officers not below the rank of Lt. Col in the Nigerian Army, Chief Superintendent of Police or its equivalent in other forces.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must not be more than Fifty (50) years of age.
Condition of Services
- The condition of service and salaries for the stated position is as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 25 copies with photocopies of their Certificates and detailed CV under confidential cover in an envelope seal stating the post applied for, and addressed to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B 1001 Gusau,
Zamfara State - Nigeria.