A reputable non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria seeks to recruit qualified person to fill critical position necessary for their programme implementation. The organization works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, USAID, Global Fund as well as the British government to fight AIDS, Malnutrition, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Locations: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Oyo and Plateau.
- The successful person will be responsible for the technical content of the service delivery aimed at increasing utilization of quality, cost-effective nutrition services for pregnant and lactating women.
- S / He will provide technical expertise in high-impact malnutrition services in the State and provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire program.
- The Project Director must be highly analytical who ensures an integrated vision for the program and must be able to organize work effectively.
- S / He will be responsible for annualizing work plans for community-sensitive service delivery of basic package of nutrition services (BPNS) targeting the most vulnerable (poor, adolescent and lactating mothers and their children).
- S / He will produce performance reports detailing quantitative achievement of targets for each service under BPNS in the reporting formats prescribed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Master's degree in relevant discipline (Nutrition, Medicine, Sociology etc).
- Must have at least minimum of ten (10) years’ post qualification experience managing development projects in Nigeria, with a strong focus on field implementation.
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behavior change would be an asset.
- High level of integrity.
- Must possess good relationship management’ advocacy skills.
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data interpretation skills
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title and Location (State)" as subject of the email.
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicating the State they are applying for.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.