Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Cashew Production / Farming)
Locations: Abuja and Lokoga
- The project manager will Lead, manage and coordinate day-to-day planning, implementation and management of project activities according to the project document and project log frame
- Develop and implement project plans with project staff, technical specialists and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation
- Provide technical support and guidance on cashew value chains, agricultural marketing, and other technical issues
- Ensure that research studies envisaged by the project are designed, planned, and conducted to high standards
- Ensure that the project adopts best practice in integrated rural development, agricultural marketing and adaptation and takes up recommendations to ensure that lessons learned within the programmes are properly recorded and shared with other partners
- Ensure monitoring system and tools developed are used by project staff to track project progress, and capture learning
- Ensure project compliance with all legal and donor requirements
- Monitor the context and carry out adjustments to project plans and management on an on-going basis in light of changing context, resources and opportunities
- Monitor project expenditure against budget, and preparation and submission of required project progress and financial reports on a regular basis
- Manage and supervise the work of project field officers
- Ensure team and individual work plans are prepared and followed
- Support field officers in preparing their annual performance development objectives
- Undertake performance development reviews of the field officers Resource mobilisation
- Provide technical input into the development of project proposals Logistics/Procurement/Assets Management
- Ensure efficient use and management of transport and other programme resources
- Establish knowledge gaps and specific learning needs of project staff (Field officers) and coordinate staff capacity building for effective project implementation
- PhD degree required in the field of Agriculture, Livelihoods, Agro-enterprise, Business Development or International Development.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of cashew production or farming.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.