RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Governance Workshop/ Training Consultant
Proposed commencement date: 2nd March 2020
Duration: 25 days
- E-WASH is seeking to recruit a Consultant to facilitate an orientation and training on Corporate Governance and performance management for newly appointed Board of Directors (BoDs), of Delta State Water Corporation, Imo State Water and Sewerage Corporation and Taraba State Water and Sewerage Corporation State Water Boards in Nigeria. The performance management training will also be delivered to top management of the three water utilities.
- The Consultant will design and provide corporate governance and performance management training to the new members of the BoDs for Delta State Water Corporation, Imo State Water and Sewerage Corporation and Taraba State Water and Sewerage Corporation to expose them to the concept of corporate governance and also to enable them appreciate the benefits of corporate governance in order to be able to provide oversight functions to enable the utilities achieve set mandates.
Objectives of the Assignment:
- The Consultant(s) will develop/adopt tools and resources required for the smooth takeoff and operations of the BoDs;
- The Consultant(s) shall train the newly appointed BoDs and the Top Management staff (participants) of each SWB in the essentials of corporate governance and performance management;
- The Consultant(s) will explain to the participants, their roles and responsibilities within the utilities under the new law;
- The Consultant(s) will develop long term, medium-term and short-term plans for moving the utilities to a full-fledged corporate status
- In pursuance of the assignment, the Consultants will specifically do the following:
- Preparation: hold a meeting with E-WASH team in order to finalize training modules as well as training agenda and delivery protocols;
- facilitate the corporate governance workshop and deliver content in line with the agreed training module and schedule
- Develop a Training Plan for the Boards: Conduct Board Members Capacity needs assessment and develop a training plan to address the Board Members Training Needs. The training plan should illustrate the set of trainings required, resources required, training location and time of delivery;
- Develop Corporate Governance workshop report: the report should contain details of the workshop, key outcomes and relevant attachments such as list of participants, training materials and Board of Directors Training Plan.
- The expected content of the training module includes but is not limited to the following:
- Water supply sector background and in the selected states
- BOD charter, code of conduct and performance monitoring plan
- Field visit to a water utility
- Board member responsibilities for managing a water utility
- Utility operating policies and procedures
- Customer service goals & communication strategies
- Report key outcomes and relevant attachments including Board Charter for each State;
- Board of Directors Training Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
If you meet the following minimum qualifications and experience, then do kindly apply:
- At least a Masters (M.Sc). in Contracting, Engineering, Economics, Law, Public Policy or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience of development of performance management systems, contracting, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in developing performance contracts between state owned enterprises and Government
- Experience in restructuring or undertaking reforms of state-owned enterprises
- Ability to use current MS Word computer package
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by email only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document (not more than 7 pages) to: [email protected] . On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the title as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Interested Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.