Veritas Kapital Assurance Plc formerly known as UnityKapital Assurance Plc was incorporated in 1973 as a private liability Company under the name, Kano State Insurance Company.
The company was registered as a general business company; this move was endorsed and approved by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and offers non-life Insurance products and services to individuals and institutions across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
- The Deputy Chief Finance Officer will be Responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all finance activities of VKA, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- The successful candidate is expected to have a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices, corporate governance and a proven professional track record of effective investment management, investment analysis, and a thorough understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CFO and members of the executive management team.
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
- Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures.
- Hands-on experience in preparation of published financial statements of an Insurance company, including consolidated FS.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Obtain and maintain investor relations and partnership compliance.
- Prepare the monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports
- Tax reporting and inventory processing
- Collect and analyse data to be used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates
- Prepare weekly cash flow statements, and controlling expenditure and cash flow
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- B.SC or HND in Accounting, Finance or Economics or any relevant field.
- Must be ICAN or ACA qualified.
- Professional qualification in Management or Master’s degree in Finance or Management or related field would be an added advantage.
- Advanced MS Excel, Power Point and, Word skills
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in the finance industry and managing a team is a must – with examples of when they have demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry will also be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.