Lorache Group - Our client is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, IT Department
- Responsible for the leadership and coordination of the information technology (IT) services of the Group of Schools, and has primary responsibility for short and long-range planning of the group of schools technical infrastructure to ensure that it supports current and future programming and communications requirements.
- The individual in this position provides oversight to the management of the university's systems, servers, school portals and Computer Based Training Centre (CBT). Interface with Internet service providers in an effective manner
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides planning, budgeting, leadership and supervision to the IT department, communicates current and projected needs, requirements and options in the college budgeting process, and recommends acquisitions and updates;
- Coordinates long-range planning activities for the technology infrastructure of the group of schools, including administrative/student information systems, computer networks, personal computers, video systems, and voice communication systems;
- Evaluates and recommends vendor contracts for hardware, software, and technology related services as needed;
- Establishes standards for desktop computing, user support services and training;
- Directs IT support services including distance education, media services, network operations and services, student computing, and college telephone systems, and ensures a prompt, efficient, effective, and client friendly technical support operation;
- Develops information security guidelines and manages implementation, arranges for needed training and staff professional development, and recommends and drafts policy revisions where indicated;
- Coordinates the activities of institutional research and web services to support the college’s information and communication needs;
- Provides project management for technology deployment or implementations, is responsible for assuring the maximum availability and reliability of the group of schools technical networks with the resources available;
- Establishes standards for technology hardware, software, and communications protocols;
- Maintains, reviews, and upgrades as needed the disaster recovery plan for the group of schools information recovery services;
- Works collaboratively with other departments to efficiently implement technical installations and upgrades;
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- M.Sc. in Electrical / Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or any related course
- 5-10 years' work experience in a school/University or established organisation
- Managing Networks
- Collaborating Work space/portal
- Lives within or ready to relocate to delta state
- Professional Certification is added advantage
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting organization
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Knowledge of work, impact, self-reliance, work standards, innovation, integrity and excellent work ethics.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.