DCSL Corporate Services Limited - Our client, a reputable Electricity Distribution company, is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Regulatory & Legal Officer
- The Chief Regulatory & Legal Officer is responsible for the compliance to rules / regulations issued by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) from time to time and providing real-time legal and regulatory advisory to Management. The candidate will also supervise other legal functions.
- The Chief Regulatory & Legal Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on all matters and will oversee the activities of the Regulatory and Legal Department.
In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful Candidate will:
- Ensure implementation of Tariff orders, rules/regulations and directives of NERC;
- Brief management on likely changes in electricity regulation and its impacts on the industry and the company;
- Ensure timely filling of petitions and replies to the queries of NERC;
- Liaise with government departments and NERC;
- Anticipate developments in the power distribution industry and develop strategy;
- Manage changes in regulatory framework;
- Explore opportunities for new business and develop strategies to harness such potentials;
- Conduct negotiations and finalize contracts for new business opportunities;
- Implement compliance with statutory regulations;
- Lead the legal department and provide advice; and
- Identify training needs of staff and nominate for training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Additional degrees in Engineering/Economics/MBA will be preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of electricity Tariffs and the MYTO process;
- Regulatory experience in consulting or other sectors;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of IT tools;
- Minimum of Twenty (20) years’ work experience in legal & regulatory affairs; and
- Good analytical and managerial skills.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV / Resumes to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.