Arion Energy Services Limited - Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas company is looking to hire qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Surveyor & GIS Cartographer
- We are looking to hire a Marine Surveyor & GIS Cartographer. You will provide Marine Survey, GIS analysis, design and development for several marine projects.
Marine Survey Services:
- Inspection and calibration of Survey Equipment for seabed and Rig Positioning survey.
- Inspecting and monitoring Seabed and Rig move survey.
- Inspecting land survey services in onshore facility Areas e.g. Dredging and as-built survey.
- Accuracy Evaluation (QA/QC) of completed as-built/Detail Survey.
- Critical assessment of in-service marine surveying contractors and bidders during technical evaluation exercise.
- Advising Vessel captains on positions/locations when called-up.
- Participating in Rig/Barge Move Risk Assessment meetings.
Geographic Information System (GIS):
- Data migration from CAD to GIS.
- Database Management System using Microsoft Access (DBMS)
- Writing Short programming languages for label expressions in ArcMap.
- Symbology Creation for surface/sub-surface feature class.
- Creation of different types of template for easy map production.
- Geo-referencing and digitization of satellite imageries for data extraction.
- Data clean-up for dangles, duplicates, overlaps and gaps.
- Database update using data from As-built survey, Rig move survey and seabed survey.
- Updating online information database.
- Satellite image Processing and project mapping.
- Barge positioning mapping.
- Rigmove approach mapping.
- Plotting and creating maps from coordinates.
- Converting geographical coordinates to rectangular coordinates.
- Printing of Charts for all the vessels and all the departments.
- Data reconciliation with various departments involved in offshore installation project.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Surveying & Geoinformatics, Geography, Cartography or other closely related field.
- 5+ years’ relevant offshore experience in a reputable IOC.
- 2+ years of work experience designing and conducting spatial analysis in GIS software tools and applications.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] Please indicate “Marine Surveyor & GIS Cartographer” as the subject of the email.