The GIG group is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. As a Management outpost, it synthesizes the managerial and strategic needs of the subsidiaries, drives the vision and positions the firms for competitiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Rapid Response Unit (RRU)
- The Head, RRU will provide strategic support to GIGM operations in relation to incidence management, emergencies and service recovery to ensure that safety and excellent customer experience is guaranteed
- Coordinate the activities of the regional RRU teams to support bus breakdown resolution
- Assist in accident investigations
- Escalate customer feedback to relevant authorities.
- Respond to emergencies such as breakdowns and other unforeseen incidents
- Communicate all incidents or mishaps to relevant departments
- Document and escalate all major decisions regarding incident reporting and resolution to the appropriate unit
- Conduct spot checks (using the approved checklist) while buses are in transit
- Monitor and ensure captains comply with the policies and procedures of the fleet and safety department of GIGM
- Ensure buses in transit do not exceed the approved loading limit to the chagrin of the guests
- Review the manifest of the vehicle to ensure only authorized guests are on board
- Ensure Captains who do not conform to the GIGM standard are flagged up.
- Confirm that a Breathalyzer test was performed on the captain at the originating terminal
- Ensure Breathalyzer test is carried out on Captains at checkpoints.
- Receive, review and proactively respond to questions and queries from guests
- Manage the RRU officers ensuring report at their designated routes.
- Give (FIR) First incidents report to the DCOO and Head of Fleet.
- Ensure timely reporting of any incident across the various regions.
- Give a monthly analyses of total breakdown accident report
- Build and maintain a cordial relationship with all necessary transport and security enforcement agencies
- Oversee the adherence to GIGM internal/operational policies and procedures e.g. adhering to a minimum of 1hour response time to emergencies/ breakdowns across the region
- Performs other duties assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- B.Sc qualification in a Business or Management related field
- MSc / MBA qualification is an added advantage
- 10 years’ fleet management experience from either Transport and logistics, Aviation or FMCG
- Experience with Disaster recovery and incidence management is key
- HSE training or certification
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian road network
- Ability to drive long distance route in case of emergencies and must have a valid driver’s license
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Effective communication skills
Personality requirements / Traits:
- A strong leader capable of exerting influence
- High level of empathy
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A good communicator capable of managing stakeholders to achieve desired result
- Conflict resolution skills
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.