The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. CS-SUNN pursues this lofty goal by engaging and mobilizing Government and Non-state actors to advocate for relevant policy implementation, raise awareness, generate evidence, build capacity and stimulate communities to scale-up nutrition in Nigeria, with special focus on maternal and child nutrition. The organizational capacity of CS-SUNN to become a leading voice on nutrition advocacy in Nigeria led to the SUN Movement Pooled Fund Project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Contract Duration: One year
Main Purpose of Job
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Finance Manager in carrying out daily accounting functions in accordance with CS-SUNN’s financial policy.
In collaboration with the Finance Officer, carry out the following responsibilities:
- Make payments and verify the consistency of supporting documents submitted in accordance with CS-SUNNS procedures, ensuring all invoices are accurate, consistent and signed
- Review bank payment vouchers and prepare payment requests
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Posting of finance transactions into the accounting software
- Check the accuracy and nature of all documents presented for payments (Photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, and terms used, the accuracy of calculations etc.)
- Ensure all transactions are properly coded before entering into the accounting software.
- Preparation and remittance of monthly pension and taxes; WHT, PAYE
- Cash tracking of incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Petty cash custody & reconciliation
- Review of staff retirements and other documentations
- Assist in preparation of programs budget & monitoring
- Assist in donor report preparation & reconciliation
- Maintain and handle all payment vouchers and other finance documents
- Follow up with programs/Log for supporting documents.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
Experience, Skills and Competencies;
- Bachelor's in Accounting or relevant Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Accountant
- Part qualified member of an accounting professional body is an added advantage
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Previous experience with Donor projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Ability to use Quickbooks accounting software
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial "common sense"
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume and Cover Letter (as one document) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.