Schneider Electric - As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Fresh Graduate Process Automation & Control Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Slot: 6 Openings
- Process Automation is a global business unit within Schneider-Electric building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes and technologies.
- Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher value utilizing proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA)business unit for graduate engineers with a desire to specialize in Process Automation & Control, working across both our engineering and service teams. The role will be based out of our Lagos office but with travel and site work potentially taking up a large part of the role.
The successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of Process Automation and control including:
- Process Automation systems design and specification
- Software engineering and build
- Factory acceptance testing
- Site installation
We are looking for new graduates who strive to build a career in Process Automation & Control and have the following:
- University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation / Controls or other Computer Science related degree
- At most 6 months-1-year hands-on experience in automation industry
- PLC knowledge, HMIs,control systems ,SCADA systems and Industrial systems
- Knowledge of structured programming, communication techniques and protocols.
- Knowledge of data communications protocols, networking equipment and computer operating systems.
- Excellent command of computer knowledge and MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Clear and demonstrable interest in software/programming
- High energy levels, result-oriented, self-motivating
- Networking capabilities both internally within Schneider-Electric and externally
- Female candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Keen interest in computer systems and programming
- You speak an additional European language (is not a must, but will be an advantage)
- You are an excellent team player able to both influence and collaborate
- Open and supportive personality with a genuine inquisitive nature
- Willingness to work both nationally and internationally as and when needed
- Customer First – always willing to put customers and others first
- Embrace Different – comfortable dealing with different cultures and embracing change
- Dare to Disrupt – not afraid to do things different and challenge status quo
- Learn Every Day – eagerness to learn new skills (fast)
- Act like Owners – take ownership of tasks and not rely on others to drive you
What do we offer in this specific role?
- Buddy/mentor - who will help you to smoothly find yourself in our company
- Specialized training tailored to your needs/experience and career goals
- Relaxed, fun and engaging environment – we’re not just about business: volunteering, extra projects, integration events
- Exposure to range of Schneider-Electric Process Automation technologies and products
- Experience in working on some of Schneider-Electric largest client sites in Africa
- Growth opportunities to develop technical and none technical skills
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.