Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UNITAID TIPTOP Program Officer
Reports To: Project Director
- Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy (IPTp) with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine is one of the key interventions recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) for preventing malaria among pregnant women living in high malaria transmission countries including Nigeria. Despite the availability of this affordable intervention and medicines, a high proportion of pregnant women do not have access to them. Unitaid is funding Jhpiego – An Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University and her partners to implement a five-year project – “Transforming Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria for optimal pregnancy” (TIPTOP) in four African countries - Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC); Madagascar; Mozambique and Nigeria. In Nigeria the project is implemented in Ebonyi, Niger and Ondo States.
- The Program Officer will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the UNITAID TIPTOP project being implemented at the state level.
- This includes assisting with development of work plans, liaising with State Ministry staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation at the state level
- Development, implementation and monitoring of work plan and budgets
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the technical staff in the design implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities.
- Write reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor state level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with RISE consultants to implement trainings, services and programs
- Maintain partnerships on behalf of TIPTOP with SMOH and other partners.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with Donor programs and strong familiarity with reporting requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- Experience in Malaria treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to facilities across the state
- References will be required.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] Indicate location in your Application & email title