ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Advisor
Responsible to: Finance Manager (PARTNERSHIP)
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- Work with the Finance Manager on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through AA Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partnerorganisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Finance Manager-Partnership
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements; and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management
- First Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification. E.g ICAN
- At least four (4) years post NYSC experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Development sector experience as a finance person
- Sound Practical Knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners and other stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Finance Advisor - Abuja as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.