ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Reporting to: Logistics Advisor
- The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient administrative support in the Logistics unit
- S/he will work closely with the Logistics Advisor to facilitate the smooth running of the unit as well as ensure effective vehicle & facility management in accordance with ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) policy.
- Provide administrative support for the Logistics unit
- Support the administration of vehicle maintenance and computation of private mileage
- Support both local and international travels, including ticket and hotel reservations as well as processing of necessary payments
- Support visa procurement, security check documents for all staff on international travels
- Supervise and ensure prompt delivery of mails and other messages in the Country Office
- Facilitate finance support for official banking transactions
- Coordinate movement of staff and AAN stakeholders (Partners, Board, consultants and AA staff) while adhering to all road safety rules and regulations both at Local and Federal levels.
- Ensure all AAN vehicles are kept clean, fuelled and fit for travel at all times Ensure proper reporting of all incidents involving AAN vehicles
- Ensure proper documentation of all AAN vehicle particulars and updated vehicle Log books
- Ensure proper documentation of all Consultant Drivers profile
- Support Logistics Advisor in facility management, ensuring conducive working environment for staff
- Coordinate minor repairs of working tools in the office premises
- Coordinate service providers in the facility maintenance
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: All Staff
- External: Partners, Donors & other stakeholders
Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Business Administration or Social Sciences / Art Vocational Certification.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience
- Experience in office administration
- Experience in managing vehicles (including driving), travels and facilities Experience in an international development agency Skill Abilities
- Demonstrable IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of FRSC rules and guidelines
- Good knowledge of Abuja roads especially and road network in Nigeria Creative and takes initiative.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- A person of integrity
- Willing to travel at short notice
- Creative and takes initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Willing to work on weekends when required.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Logistics Assistant - Abuja as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.