AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG(www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
Security and Service continuity:
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all in-house solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations
Business Knowledge Management:
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
Necessary experience, skills and knowledge
- Minimum B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- At least four years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- At least two years of UML experience (Unified Modeling Language)
- Good knowledge of Object-oriented Programming languages and relational database
- Experience in API development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Experience in implementing operational automation
- Documentation skills for operational processes and procedures
- Ability to efficiently work with multiple developer teams
- Reliable team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
- Self-starter, self-managed, and able to work under stress to meet deadlines
- Collaborative, consultative and customer-oriented approach
- Fluent English, both in writing and orally
- A TOGAF certification (or equivalent certificate) would be an asset.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV as an attachment to: [email protected] Please ensure that you indicate the position as the SUBJECT of the mail, failure to comply would render your application invalid.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.