African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Desktop Publisher (Short Term Staff), PCER2
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department
- The purpose of the Department is to plan, prepare and implement public relations and institutional communication programs designed to make the Bank better known by its various audiences so as to promote social and economic development in Africa, and to establish and maintain the Bank’s credibility and good reputation as Africa’s leading development finance institution.
- The Department is also responsible for enabling the Bank to understand better, how the institution is perceived both internally and externally.
- The Short-Term Staff - Desktop Publisher is expected to provide technical support in graphic design, including the preparation of specific technical characteristics to launch calls for tenders; the monitoring of printing work with suppliers; checking the quality of the products from suppliers delivered at the Bank and the coordination between the Bank and suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the Desktop Publishing Assistant, and the overall supervision of the Division Manager PCER2, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities:
- Generate, proofread and edit finished graphic design for publication, digital and broadcast platforms and ensure that all design work follows branding standards
- Consult with the graphics team on requested projects; make recommendations and decisions related to design, ideas, approach, costs, technical specifications, etc.
- Develop, edit additional visual content, including photo and video
- Liaison with printers, suppliers, etc. for assigned projects
- Prepare and send print ready artworks / digital files for print and finishing to printers
- Assist lead graphic designer with layout, updating copy, prepress duties, and upholding/implementing branding standards
- Provide quality control on finished jobs, including but not limited to printing issues, finishing defects, correct quantities, and confirming the completed materials match the requested order
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, providing a prompt, high level of customer service. Interpret work orders and instructions assigned from PCER Support
- At least a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Marketing, Graphic Design or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in creative design.
- Proven capability and experience in brand building, marketing campaigns and innovative thinking;
- A good creative eye for visually appealing graphics, websites and layouts.
- Good understanding and experience using creative suites such as Adobe, particularly Adobe Photoshop.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the marketing and communication industry;
- Proficiency in standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well knowledge of best practices in social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
Application Closing Date
12th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff).