Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Logistics
Location: Michika, Adamawa
- The Supply Chain Officer - Logistics will report directly to the Logistics Team Lead.
- She/he must be able to manage a local emergency stockpile and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of DRC/DDG humanitarian supplies.
- Design and implement warehouse management and commodity tracking system.
- Participate in field-level program planning formulation and advice on logistics considerations.
- Provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on the application of logistics management best practices, systems and procedures.
- Implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport, and warehousing, where necessary.
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures as applicable in the Operations Handbook
- Maintain the Asset management of all assets in Maiduguri jurisdiction
Staff movement oversight and support:
- Travel Security Clearances: Prior to any movement complete all security briefings for staff traveling to high-risk field locations. Ensure that established movement tracking protocols are adhered to by both the Safety Unit and all DRC staff.
- Field movement tracking: Coordinate with logistics staff when directed to support Field level movement oversight and support.
- Maintain car folders: Maintain car folders and all DRC vehicles and support logistics staff in maintaining the car folders.
- Driver orientation: Responsible to orient drivers on current context and road conditions. Train drivers on regulations and road safety.
Administrative and Operational support:
- Asset management: Maintain Maiduguri asset register and oversight on all assets that are both utilized and stored.Coordinate with the DRC Logistics and Procurement department to ensure that the overall DRC asset register reflects in the Maiduguri current asset register.
- DRC facility management in Borno State under the close supervision of the Logistics Team Lead.
- Weekly and Monthly report: Responsible for compiling Maiduguri weekly and monthly report for Logistics Unit.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national level in logistics.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset as well.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis, and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in Hausa is an added advantage
- Bachelor's Degree or any equivalents, Higher Diploma, NCE in any field related to Humanitarian Work.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions, any local speaking language will be an advantage.
Salary and conditions
- In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigerian laws. The employee is responsible for tax returns.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.