Twinning for Health Support Initiative Nigeria (THIS-N) is a non-profit organisation. We are currently engaging in the Enugu State4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Enugu North Local Government Area in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Linkages & Nutrition Officer
Reports To: Program Manager
- Health linkages / Nutrition Officer will work with the THSI to manage beneficiaries and conducts support supervisory visit to Community Improvement teams, coaches the Community Volunteers to observe and monitor, provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of technical activities to improve the well-being and care for vulnerable children, and their households
- Responsible for ensuring that service provisions are of quality, based on identified needs
- Supervise and follow up of case plans for VC and their households
- Facilitate the coordination of strong referral network system and linkages
- Map available resources to serve the needs of the vulnerable children and their households
- Conduct regular site visits to assess implementation of activities.
- Support the coaching of CVss, to bring about improvement in service rendered to vulnerable children
- Organize and carry out Food Demonstration activity for Community Volunteers and Households’
- Assess the Nutritional Level of enrolled Households
- Write monthly programmatic / technical reports, document success stories and best practices
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Health Education, Social Work, or Community Development studied or any Social Science
- 3-4 years of experience in community development work preferably in the field of OVC related
- Knowledge of quality improvement approaches is strongly desired
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
- Good analytical skills
- Familiarity with USG regulations is desired
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 12th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: This vacancy will be attended to on a rolling basis. We will fill this vacancy once we get the right candidate.