Twinning for Health Support Initiative Nigeria (THIS-N) is a non-profit organisation. We are currently engaging in the Enugu State4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Enugu North Local Government Area in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for the Enugu State4GATES OVC Project:
Job Title: OVC Education and Protection Officer
Location: Enugu, Enugu State
Report To: Program Manager
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of Education and Protection activities for community based OVCs support in the 4GATES project component of THIS’s Treatment, Prevention and Support for OVC Project.
- The OVC Education and Protection Officer is under the supervision of the Program Manager, in collaboration with other thematic areas officers organize a range of duties related to education and child protection.
- The Education and Protection Officer will provide technical leadership in education and protection OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Protection Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include; child protection, psychosocial support, education, child rights and advocacy.
- The OVC Education and Protection Officer will guide the project technically in terms of: OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and care givers on child protection and education.
- To develop detailed annual work-plan for OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participates in project evaluations and assessments.
- To identify and support needy OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up trainings for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- To represent PCI in OVC forums at local and national levels.
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of first Degree or HND in Social Sciences or a degree in public health, Social Sciences or other relevant field
- 2-3 years post NYSC experience.
- Have an understanding of the child right sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Knowledge of OVC programming is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and power point presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential and.
- Must reside in Enugu state.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 12th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: This vacancy will be attended to on a rolling basis. We will fill this vacancy once we get the right candidates.