Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen this operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Contract type: Fixed term
- UNHCR, National Commission for Refugees Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) are leading the refugee response effort in Nigeria to ensure that Cameroonian refugees receive protection and assistance. Response efforts are delivered under the overall leadership of the host government and alongside the Refugee Coordination Model.
- The conflict in north-east Nigeria has resulted in widespread displacement, violations of international humanitarian and human rights law, protection risks and a deepening humanitarian crisis.
- The crisis continues to uproot lives of thousands of children, women and men and is adding to the long history of marginalization and chronic under-development. In the three most affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, 7.7 million people need humanitarian assistance, more than 50 per cent of whom are children. In areas recently retaken by the government vulnerable host populations are in critical need of humanitarian interventions including food, water, sanitation, protection, education, shelter and health services.
- Candidate will discharge his / her assignment under the guidance of the Security Manager to support safe implementation of Program activities through close cooperation and coordination with the Project Director for UNHCR North-East (SGBV Intervention.
- The Security Officer will mitigate the risks poised to Programs, personnel and assets through provision of expertise and focused Security Management support.
- He / she will hold an advisory role to the UNHCR North-East SGBV Intervention Project Director, also will ensure provision of early warning advisories affecting security situations for AHNi Program activities and will travel extensively to all States of implementation on short notice and support staff capacity to work more effectively and contribute to reducing AHNi’s operational vulnerabilities.
Minimum Requirement Standards
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Security Management or related field.
- Professional certification in security risk management or advanced security management highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years working in security Industry, experience working in complex insecure settings preferred.
- 3 years working in Security management for NGO or development organization
- Experience in liaising with law enforces in Nigeria
- Experience in managing incidents, incident mapping, developing and producing high quality security reports and assessments
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] with the "Job Title and Location" clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.