The Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas Initiative (JDPC), is a non- governmental organization registered under the Corporative Affairs. It is the development arm of the Catholic Church Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Care & Support Officer (OVC / HIV)
JDPC Enugu Diocese is currently engaging in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their families in Enugu East LGA in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Presidents' Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of technical program activities for community based HIV Care and Support in the 4GATES OVC Program.
- She / he will collaborate closely with the JDPC OVC team to roll out and implement an integrated and holistic community based response to HIV/AIDS towards scaling up access to HIV prevention and care services for vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- The Care and Support Officer (OVC/HIV) will be responsible for working closely with the JDPC OVC team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program , focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
- She / he will assist in the strengthening the capacity of community volunteers and PMT in community based HIV response in line with operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- She / he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for project beneficiaries affected by AIDS.
- She / he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- She / he will also support in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, HIV/TB care and support, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- She / he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviors, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
- Provide technical support and ensure program activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers in project communities.
- Work with other project staff to ensure adherence to technical standards, best practices and 4GATES guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- Support strategies towards ensuring that project activities are built on strong behavior change principles, and build the capacity of Community Volunteers and relevant project staff in effective implementation and monitoring.
- Work closely with assigned facilities unit and LACA in identifying and capitalizing on leverage points for improved linkages and referral coordination at the community level and for integration of HIV Prevention Care & Support elements into other OVC areas project activities and vice versa.
- Attend all relevant central trainings and HIV CoP meetings organized by 4GATES and submit training reports to Program Manager.
- Step-down all central trainings to community volunteers, PMT and other relevant stakeholders at the LGA and community levels.
- Ensure proper documentation of all program activities implemented including ensuring beneficiaries provided with relevant HIV services are entered into NOMIS.
- Support the formation and regular meeting of beneficiary support groups in project communities.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND / B.Sc in a relevant health degree a plus in a minimum of 2 years technical experience with community-level HIV prevention, Care & Support? Programs
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)and experience working with HIV programs
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
For more information: Call the Executive Director, Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Donatus Chukwudi Onuigbo on 08164331439 Or The program Manager, Chioma Ononyaba on 08037514715