Dataflex is one of the foremost Information Technology Solutions Companies in Nigeria. Since our inception over two decades ago, we have evolved from a small organization pushing boxes to customers to a company providing enterprise ICT services to mid-range and large scale companies across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- Are you an experienced and ambitious Procurement Manager looking for a career defining challenge? This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the leading Information Technology Company in Nigeria. Come work with a company that offers very competitive salary and benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
General Job Description
- The Procurement Manager provides leadership and structure to the procurement function to drive effective, efficient and value-add procurement planning, sourcing and contract management aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities and business needs.
- Develop and implement overarching policies, procedures and structures for all procurement related activities to deliver best practice procurement and contract management solutions.
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement strategy and practice to inform business planning and action, encourage innovative approaches and enhance value through improved procurement efficiency and outcomes.
- Act as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
- Organization and prioritization of the organization’s procurement activities.
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers to ensure on-going feasibility
- Monitoring and updating purchase orders as well as tracking of the costs and delivery dates to compare them with agreements
- Collaborate with key company employees to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- Monitor and update relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of products and vendor pricing
- Preparing procurement reports
- Oversee and supervise employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong business acumen
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) working in a similar position in the procurement department
- Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well-developed negotiation and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build an effective team in terms of both people and process in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy industry best practice processes for the function.
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or a related area.
What’s on offer?
- Generous salary in line with experience
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Accessible management team and support
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to: [email protected] using "Procurement Manager" as the subject of the email.
Note: While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.