TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
About the Role
- The purpose of the role is to oversee the legal aspects of our business, as well as safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and to give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The incumbent is responsible for monitoring all internal and external legal affairs within our organization and effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize exposure to litigations.
- Monitor relevant legal developments both nationally and internationally.
- Represent the organization as agreed by the Chief Executive Officers in all legal matters.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to Executives in a variety of legal topics (labor related matters, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance and litigations etc.)
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure equitable partnerships
- Always brief staff on legal issues, potential liabilities and possible courses of actions
- Make recommendations in complete compliance with the law and also strive to minimize risk for our organization
- Effectively manage individually or with the help of partners all internal and external civil cases/litigations of the organization.
- Minimum of LL.B and Call to Bar Certificate (compulsory)
- 7 years of experience as a Legal Counsel in a Corporate environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, contract law, etc)
- Experience in Litigations and criminal law
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- A high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.