Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks - Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa - as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting for CodeBattle! From Coder's Island to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer (Artillery)
Job Type: Full Time
Find your Tribe
- Are you a talented, creative problem-solver interested in building the bank of the future?
- Join us if you’re interested in building products used by our customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- On our team, everyone is welcome. We are all champions of impact and the culmination of our values means that every day at work, we try to create meaningful interactions.
Code to Bank
Welcome to Coders’ Island Mission:
- Good day,
- General Stallion has stolen some secret files from the CodeBank, he now commands a secret force of allies hidden deep in the forest of Hacker’s Island.
- Your ultimate task is to recover the secret files hidden at Coder’s Island in a CodeBattle.
What is the mission about?
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- Follow new and emerging technologies
What do you need?
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Experience using C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core and MVC
- Experience using Golang
- Experience using NodeJs
- Knowledge of Entity Framework 6 and ADO.NET
- Proficient knowledge and experience in creating, integrating, and managing databases using MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and/or MongoDB.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance including the OWASP security principles
- Management of hosting environment and scaling an application to support load changes
- API Integration
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to develop and design effective security and hack prevention settings
- Lieutenant: (1 – 2 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- Colonel: (3 – 4 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- General: (5 – 8 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2020.