Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks - Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa - as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting for CodeBattle! From Coder's Island to fill the position below:
Job Title: Block Chain Engineer (Special Forces)
Job Type: Full Time
Find your Tribe
- Are you a talented, creative problem-solver interested in building the bank of the future?
- Join us if you’re interested in building products used by our customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- On our team, everyone is welcome. We are all champions of impact and the culmination of our values means that every day at work, we try to create meaningful interactions.
Code to Bank
Welcome to Coders’ Island Mission:
- Good day,
- General Stallion has stolen some secret files from the CodeBank, he now commands a secret force of allies hidden deep in the forest of Hacker’s Island.
- Your ultimate task is to recover the secret files hidden at Coder’s Island in a CodeBattle.
What is the mission about?
- Design, develop and implement decentralized applications/solutions
- Work hand-in-hand with the Blockchain development team to troubleshoot production issues and streamline code deployment including Blockchain clients and nodes.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting via Block Explorer
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Build tools to reduce the occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Work with source control technologies including SVN and GIT
What do you need?
- Knowledgeable about Enterprise/Private Blockchains and Consensus mechanisms
- Good knowledge of Token Economy and Token Standards
- Hands-on experience with Smart Contract development (Solidity) and deployment
- Hands-on experience working on WebSocket connection (Web3js or GoLang)
- Smart Contract Testing with TruffleSuite and Mocha (Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development)
- Security and Smart Contract Upgradeability
- Working knowledge of known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- Lieutenant: (1 – 2 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- Colonel: (3 – 4 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
- General: (5 – 8 years of proven experience/ equivalent skillset)
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2020.