The Nigerian Army University Biu, Borno State; is a conventional University and currently has five faculties as follows: Faculty of Engineering Technology, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Computing, Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, and Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Science.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Professor (CONUASS 07)
Location: Biu, Borno
Faculty: Engineering and Technology
Departments: Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D and Master's level.
- Adequate capacity disseminates knowledge through professional and academic activities.
- Sound academic leadership and the ability to mentor others.
- Administrative skills, ability and experience spotless integrity.
- Favorable external assessment
- Candidate must be currently a Reader in a University or waiting external assessment for the position.
- Must be a Ph.D holder in relevant field with at least (12) years teaching experience at the University level plus 3 years at least as Reader.
- Continues productive research with the achievement for an acknowledge authority in area of specialization.
- Considerable background of research with sufficient number (not less than 15) of scholarly publications in reputable journals and (not less than 10) edited conference proceedings.
- Not less than 75% of maximum scored under research shall be in an applicant’s area of specialization.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skill;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluating skill;
- Should not be older than Sixty (60) years by the time of appointment;
- Candidate must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social and financial embarrassment;
- Must be of good physical and mental health state.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed
Applications, photocopies of their Credentials, and CV. The CV must contain the following information:
- Full Name (in capital letters)
- Post Applied For
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Functional Email Address
- GSM Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Age
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- General and specific working experience, giving duration, posts held and salary
- Details of research work and publication
- Details of administrative experience and community service, with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level & step, salary structure, and name and address of present employer.
- Any other relevant information, Names of address of three (3) referees one of whom must be your current HOD / Dean who shall send their reports directly to “Registrar" under confidential cover.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Nigerian Army University Biu,
P.M.B. 1500, Biu,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.