The Nigerian Army University Biu, Borno State; is a conventional University and currently has five faculties as follows: Faculty of Engineering Technology, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Computing, Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, and Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Science.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Reader (CONUASS 06)
Location: Biu, Borno
Faculty: Environmental Sciences
Departments: Building, Environmental Management, Estate Management, Survey and Geo-informatics, Urban & Regional Planning
- General academic leadership and the ability to mentor others
- Some administrative experience and proven integrity
- Favorable external assessment
- To be currently at a Senior Lecturer in the University
- Must be a Ph.D holder in relevant field with at least Nine (9) years teaching experience at the University level plus 3 years as Senior Lecturer in the university
- Adequate background of research with sufficient number, (not less than 8) edited conference proceedings
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D and Master's level
- Dissemination of knowledge through professional and academic activities.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skill;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluating skill;
- Should not be older than Sixty (60) years by the time of appointment;
- Candidate must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social and financial embarrassment;
- Must be of good physical and mental health state.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed
Applications, photocopies of their Credentials, and CV. The CV must contain the following information:
- Full Name (in capital letters)
- Post Applied For
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Functional Email Address
- GSM Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Age
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- General and specific working experience, giving duration, posts held and salary
- Details of research work and publication
- Details of administrative experience and community service, with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level & step, salary structure, and name and address of present employer.
- Any other relevant information, Names of address of three (3) referees one of whom must be your current HOD / Dean who shall send their reports directly to “Registrar" under confidential cover.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Nigerian Army University Biu,
P.M.B. 1500, Biu,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.