Amerapex Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for repairs, maintenance and inspection of oil and gas infrastructure to ascertain structural integrity during operations. Safety is paramount in everything we do and we are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our inspections more effectively creating a more cost efficient inspection process.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Level II Technician
- The Level II Technician will be performing calibrations, Non- destructive Tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results.
- Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Technicians. Level II Technicians organize and report results of NDT.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment.
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators.
- Organize and report test results.
- Perform specialized inspections.
- May instruct and supervise others.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Interface daily with the client about work priorities and progress of projects
- Actively participate in client programs, planning and strategy sessions
- Work closely with client to identify and remove obstacles
- Actively participate in client safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
- NDT Level II Certification (Radiography)
- UT, MT, PT Certification are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- Code shooting capabilities.
- IRRSP or State Card.
- Strong work ethic.
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Adaptable to changing schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Team work.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Willingness to travel.
- May at times work at heights on ropes.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.