Amerapex Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for repairs, maintenance and inspection of oil and gas infrastructure to ascertain structural integrity during operations. Safety is paramount in everything we do and we are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our inspections more effectively creating a more cost efficient inspection process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rope Access Technician I
Major Responsibilities / Activities
- Carries out a wide variety of inspection, maintenance, and repair services using ropes and related equipment to access and complete work tasks at considerable height.
- Represents Amerapex NDT LLC in a positive and professional manner at all times, regardless of adversity.
- Provides exemplary customer service and support (internal and external) that reflects integrity, collaboration, and timely follow-through.
- Works effectively within a team structure to complete operational and administrative assignments on time, with good quality.
- In accordance with Amerapex NDT LLC safety procedures, reflects an intense focus on safety, health, and risk management concerns and takes pride in safeguarding self and others during each job assignment.
- Adheres to Amerapex NDT LLC Rope Access procedures for all rope access projects.
- Serves as a safe, effective and valued member of the team as gauged by periodic assessments. Customer feedback may also be taken into account.
- Adheres to the scope and technique standards based on level of certification.
- Punctual, prepared, and ready to work at the designated start time for each shift.
- Completes all training assignments on time and with satisfactory performance ratings.
- Follows Company policies, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Meets the availability and attendance standards established by the Company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and as outlined in company policies, procedures, and directed work practices.
- Maintains certification as a SPRAT or IRATA Rope Access Technician.
- High School graduate or GED. Relevant bachelors and advanced degrees are an asset.
- At least three years of general work experience preferred.
- Meets the Company’s first-aid, CPR, and AED certification requirements at time of hire or within 60 days thereafter. Current team members must maintain certification at all times.
- Valid driver’s license within the state of primary residence, without restrictions, and possession of a valid Passport or the ability to obtain one within 90 days.
- Able to travel by any means (air, rail, ship, ground, etc.), without geographical limitations (county or state boundaries, international travel, etc.) or any other restrictions that might interfere with logistics.
Essential Physical Functions
- If assigned by the Company, must undergo and successfully pass medical clearance examination(s), physical agility test(s), and/or functional capacity test(s) administered by Company-approved clinicians.
- Due to load limits of equipment, rope access personnel must maintain body weight between 130 lbs and 285 lbs.
- Capable of carrying out strenuous, repetitive, or tedious work often in adverse conditions (heat, cold, wind, extreme height, darkness, etc.) and often for extended periods of time.
- Frequent carrying, pushing, and pulling motions while completing work tasks or managing tools/equipment is to be expected. Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs and occasional lifting up to 60 lbs without assistance.
- Work tasks can be particularly stressful to fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck and spine.
- Repetitive hand and finger manipulation tasks, most often while wearing protective gloves.
- Repetitive use of hips, knees, ankles, and feet while operating rope systems, using industrial ladders, or moving around work sites.
- Must possess adequate near and distance vision, hearing, and speaking ability.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.