Amerapex Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for repairs, maintenance and inspection of oil and gas infrastructure to ascertain structural integrity during operations. Safety is paramount in everything we do and we are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our inspections more effectively creating a more cost efficient inspection process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rope Access III Team Leader
- Represents Amerapex NDT LLC in a positive and professional manner at all times, regardless of adversity.
- Provides exemplary customer service and support (internal and external) that reflects integrity, collaboration, respect, and timely follow- through.
- Works effectively within a team structure to complete field and administrative assignments on time, with good quality. Examples include Safe Work Plan (a/k/a. JHA), pre-planned rescue protocols, reports, and safety / operational field documentation.
- In accordance with the Company’s safety procedures, reflects an intense focus on safety, health, and risk management concerns and takes pride in safeguarding self and others during each job assignment. Examples include ensuring all site permit restrictions, clearances, lock-out/tag-out procedures, JHA details, etc. are clearly known by all team members and that such mandates are followed consistently.
- Conducts a daily safety meeting with all assigned personnel. If new hazards or mitigation strategies are warranted, revises the JHA, and ensures all appropriate parties are kept informed of such changes.
- Uses effective leadership, management, and training to shape the performance of assigned team members in keeping with company expectations, job descriptions, and policy standards.
- Documents and provides timely feedback to assigned personnel to recognize, reinforce, or modify their performance. Boosts or maintains team morale at every appropriate opportunity.
- Serves as a safe, effective and valued member of the team as reflected in the results of periodic performance assessments. Customer feedback may also be taken into account.
- Keeps Amerapex NDT LLC Project Manager(s) and other company leaders informed as appropriate.
- Proactively contacts leadership staff to engage their assistance to report, work through, document, and resolve operational, safety, or performance concerns.
- Adheres to the scope and technique standards associated with Level III rope access certification, and demonstrates a detailed understanding and mastery of the skills and standards outlined in the Company’s Rope Access Procedures.
- Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of rescue preparedness, rescue management, and advanced rescue techniques.
- Follows company policies, procedures and work instructions at all times.
- Completes all training assignments on time and with satisfactory performance ratings.
- Punctual, prepared, and ready to work at the designated start time for each shift.
- Meets availability and attendance standards established by the Company.
- Knows, understands and exemplifies the Company’s Expedition Behaviors on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned on an individual basis and as outlined in company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains certification as a Level III Rope Access Technician (SPRAT or IRATA).
- High school graduate or GED. Relevant bachelor's and advanced degrees are an asset.
- A minimum of three years rope access experience, and one year experience as a Level III, preferred.
- Meets the Company’s first-aid, CPR, and AED certification requirements at time of hire or within 60 days thereafter. Current team members must maintain these certifications at all times.
- Valid driver’s license within the state of primary residence, without restrictions, and a valid Passport or the ability to obtain one within 90 days.
- Able to effectively use technology including but not limited to computers and communication devices. Examples include strong competency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) and online communication platforms. Capable of basic technology troubleshooting and proper use of communication tools.
- Able to travel by any means (air, rail, ship, ground, etc.), without geographical limitations (county or state boundaries, international travel, etc.) or other restrictions that might interfere with logistics.
Essential Physical Functions
- If assigned by the Company, must undergo and successfully pass medical clearance examination(s), physical agility test(s), and/or functional capacity test(s) administered by Company-approved clinicians.
- Due to load limits of equipment, rope access personnel must maintain body weight between 130 lbs and 285 lbs.
- Capable of carrying out strenuous, repetitive, or tedious work often in adverse conditions (heat, cold, wind, extreme height, darkness, etc.) and often for extended periods of time.
- Frequent carrying, pushing, and pulling motions while completing work tasks or managing tools/equipment is to be expected. Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs and occasional lifting up to 60 lbs without assistance.
- Work tasks can be particularly stressful to fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck and spine.
- Repetitive hand and finger manipulation tasks, most often while wearing protective gloves.
- Repetitive use of hips, knees, ankles, and feet while operating rope systems, using industrial ladders, or moving around work sites.
- Must possess adequate near and distance vision, hearing, and speaking ability.
Application Closing Date
21st February 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.