RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Land Surveyor Consultant
- E-WASH seeks to recruit a Land Surveyor consultant to conduct site plan survey for construction of Fecal Sludge Treatment Plant in Asaba, Delta State.
- In Asaba, the consultant will work with E-WASH Institutional and Policy Development Specialist and other team members, the Staff of Delta State Urban Water Corporation and any other relevant sector stakeholders.
The Consultant is expected to undertake the following:
- Area map showing site and access Roads
- Photos of the Site
- Assessment of the access road to the site by desludging vehicle
- Site plan drawn to scale and dimensioned
- Topographical and boundary survey
Objectives of the Assignment:
- The main objective of this assignment is to assist E-WASH in developing a detailed site plan in Asaba for construction of pilot Fecal Sludge Treatment Pant (FSTP).
- Electronic copy (PDF and DWG file format for all electronic files) and four (4) hard copies of Area Map showing site and all access roads
- Electronic and all hard copies of photos of the site
- Detailed electronic and four (4) hard copies of Site Pan drawn to scale and dimensioned
- Electronic and four hard copies of Topographical and Boundary survey of the area
- At least a college degree in Land Survey or any relevant field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working on land survey and mapping;
- A demonstrable understanding of the landscape of the Niger Delta region is added advantage.
- A good understanding of strategies, technologies for land survey, mapping and site plan;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, methodological rigor and problem-solving ability;
- Highly motivated and experienced in providing high-level and results-oriented technical support to clients under a complex political environment
- Knowledge and experience of donors such as USAID, DFiD, EU, World Bank and AfDB funded projects, policies, instruments and facilities is a plus.
- Computer literacy (minimum MS Word, Excel, MIS, AutoCAD and GIS).
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter as One Single Word Document to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.