Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening / Food Security Advisor
Job Ref Code: HSF14220
Location: Akwa Ibom
Department: Programs / ICHSAA
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
- The Household Economic Strengthening Technical Advisor will provide technical assistance and accompaniment to CRS-CCRN ICHSSA Project in both Adamawa and Benue State.
- Support ICHSSA Project to develop / enhance and implement a holistic HES strategy, appropriate to the local context that allows CCCRN to strengthen the capacity of their partner CSOs to provide high quality HES services to enrolled beneficiaries.
- Support the CSO partners to provide HES interventions that is aligned with household economic vulnerability status and designed to improve household resilience to shocks, reduce food insecurity (access and availability) and facilitate household graduation from the ICHSSA program.
- Work under the supervision of the ICHSSA Deputy Chief of Party.
- Support CSO partners to develop and implement capacity strengthening plans informed by a HES technical capacity assessment
- Support tailored capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners HES Officers based on assessed capacity
- Collaborate with the Agriculture Institute to strengthen farm-based livelihoods and improve food access and availability among the households enrolled on the ICHSSA Project
- Collaborate with Case Management/Linkages Technical Team to ensure household care plans incorporate economic and food security considerations and promote graduation.
- Conduct joint monitoring and supportive supervision visits with other member of the ICHSSA technical team to CSO to support high quality HES intervention implementation and ensure household care plan are promotive of graduation.
- Provide capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners with a focus on implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVC-optimized financial education, market assessment and opportunity identification, value addition along identified value-chains based, entrepreneurship, and micro-enterprise management based on assessed IP capacity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master's Degree in a relevant field such as Agricultural Science and Extension, Public Health, Development Studies, Social Work or other Health related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in senior program management implementing international development activities in Nigeria, with preference given to OVC and HIV / AIDS / Health / Agricultural activities under a USG funded award in Nigeria.
- At least 5 years’ experience in implementing integrated Community based HES activities S / he must have excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and demonstrated experience in the strategic design and implementation of OVC and HIV / AIDS programs.
- Strong track record of HES intervention strategies, understanding of the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals and proven ability to produce demonstrable technical and program results
- Knowledge and understanding of OVC issues, Adolescent challenges and vocation training strategies and policy for HIV Care for Children and OVC Case Management, in addition to extensive knowledge of key actors in these fields
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2020; 5:00pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application (e.g. Household Economic Strengthening / Food Security Advisor, HSS14220) to: [email protected]
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Important Information / Notice
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’