Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Trauma Healing Training
Consultancy Code: THT14220
- The Caritas Germany project in the spirit of solidarity and through long-term accompaniment, capacity-building, and institutional strengthening, this project is supporting the overall goal that assist conflict-affected populations in Nigeria and Chad to improve quality of life.
- The project has two strategic objectives: crisis affected household meets the priority needs of their households (SO1) and CBOs / FBOs have improved capacity to implement quality, and timely cash transfer programming meeting the needs of crisis affected population (SO2), which is implemented by CCFN and CRS respectively.
- CRS is responsible for implementing SO2 While Caritas Nigeria is responsible for SO1. In implementing SO2, CRS adopts a capacity strengthening approach, which focuses on technical assistance and accompaniment for Caritas Nigeria.
- The 3-year project is providing technical capacity building, institutional strengthening and accompaniment to Caritas Nigeria to strengthen their emergency cash transfer programming capacity to more effectively provide life-savings humanitarian assistance during and after the project.
Scope of Work:
- The 3-years responsive Cash Base Assistance has been ongoing since 2018 in some conflict affected communities of Borno and Adamawa State and CRS is providing capacity building and institutional strengthening for Caritas Nigeria and JDPC who does the implementation.
- Because of the trauma associated with conflict and other factors in our areas of intervention, the need for this training. The training is targeting at field assistant of the implementing partners base in communities of Biu, Mubi and Maiduguri.
- Conduct trauma healing training for staffs and field officers of Caritas Nigeria and JDPC in Maiduguri, Mubi and Biu centers with about 15-20 participant per center for 5 days each.
- Conduct pre and post evaluation
- Develop and submit training and evaluation reports for each center
Application Closing Date
COB Friday, 28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF format indicating consultancy being applied for and the Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Consultancy for the Trauma Healing Training - THT14220) attached MS word documents to: [email protected]
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal / company profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.