United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, GS-2
Job Number: 530129
Duration: Temporary Appointment, 364 days
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager/Officer/Associate, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is always kept in good running condition through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
Documentation of vehicle related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Secondary Education; a valid driver's license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Experience: Two years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Language requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning and Researching (I)
- Planning and Organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
View our competency framework at:
Application Closing Date
23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time); 6th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.