The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Performance Management Officer
Report to: Team Lead, Financial Reporting
Department: Finance Group
Grade: Executive Assistant - Officer
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Monday, April 27, 2020
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange "The Exchange" serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant Exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Financial Performance Management Officer will manage the financial performance of The Exchange. He or she will see to the accurate daily posting of transactions and ensure that all general ledgers are reporting correctly for management account and other reporting purposes.
- He or She will ensure adequate budgetary control for transactions and concerned departments. He or she will see to proper fixed asset register and general ledger maintenance. And keep adequate record/file for all transactions.
- The Financial Performance Management Officer reports to the Team Lead - Financial Reporting within the Finance & Strategy Group at the Corporate Head Office.
- Ensure timely postings of transactions into the ERP. Ensure that fixed assets register is updated monthly and all assets are ascribed with identification tags. Ensure that depreciation is charged and posted by monthly
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals before such transaction is processed. Ensure that transactions are called over daily to ensure that errors and or irregularities are discovered promptly and escalated to the team lead and/or departmental head promptly. Ensure that transactional documentations are time-stamped, signature verified and reviewed for completeness, accuracy and consistency before the transactions are processed
- Must ensure that accruals, prepayment and amortization schedules are prepared and relevant entries posted by month end
- Ensure that all transactional documents are filed in neat and easily retrievable manner. Support external audit exercises and other statutory inspections of the Exchange’s books
- Research/Policy Development and Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop, review and maintain Finance policies, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responsible for conducting regular research and liaising with professionals across various industries to ensure financial performance reporting in the organization is aligned with best practices
- Acquire good knowledge base on IFRS standards, it applications and implications of first time adoption of a new standard
- Attend to staff on ERP related matters
- Assist staff/other departments on tax related matters
- Perform other related finance related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2-5years Post-NYSC work experience in financial control of a bank or financial services firm, top firm of auditors or Investment Management Company
- University degree with emphasis on Economics, Finance & Accounting or any other numerate courses (sciences and Engineering)
- At least one relevant professional qualifications e g ACCA, ACA will be an advantage.
- Numeric Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Internal controls and operational risks knowledge/skills
- Good process skills
- High proficiency in the use of key business applications
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Good time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to generate trust and respect from staff and external stakeholders
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2020.