Technoton Limited is your reliable Engineering and Technical Services firm providing world-class services to clients in Nigeria. We are experts in HVAC solutions, fire protection, power distribution, refrigeration, equipment maintenance, and sales of spare parts and accessories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Building Construction Manager
Resumption: Not later than 12th March, 2020.
- Candidate will plan, direct, coordinate and budget, for activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Participate in the conceptual development of all our construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labour requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and managements plans in contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and sub-contractors.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervise workers.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers and sub-contractors
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Direct acquisition of land for construction projects.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Male or Female
- Minimum of first degree (B.Sc / HND) in Civil Engineering or Building Construction
- Minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience - post graduation not counting NYSC.
- An analytical mind
- Past experience in construction supervision is mandatory
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.