OkadaBooks is a group of fun and creative people who are proactively creating solutions in the publishing space… problem-solvers who work independently and consistently deliver results that impact local and international authors/publishers, while driving forward our reading and writing culture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Business Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid Level
About the Role
- The Team Lead, Business Operations has authority stretching over the marketing, sales, customer support departments at OkadaBooks. Responsibilities include enforcing and modifying policies (where applicable), managing daily operations and planning how both material and human resources are to be utilized while simultaneously driving team KPIs.
- The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- He/She will report directly to the CEO and work collaboratively with the rest of the team to ensure well-laid out plans are executed effectively.
The specific responsibilities of the Team Lead, Business Operations will include:
- Overseeing day-to-day company operations.
- Completing a comprehensive weekly team report, highlighting risks as well as solutions to KPI success.
- Defining and implementing operations strategy, structure, and processes.
- Managing the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
- Monitoring performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Organizing cost-efficient but effective team building and training activities when necessary.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all phases of OkadaBooks operations.
- Coordinating support to operations throughout the business.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring the management team.
- Providing regular performance updates to the CEO.
- Managing petty account to make monthly recurring bills and approving staff expenses
- Tracking team actions.
- Identifying and implementing projects that drive operational efficiencies across all aspects of the business. Examples include driving a shared services strategy and vendor contract negotiations.
- Developing & monitoring KPIs to identify potential areas of opportunity to improve operating leverage and driving those recommendations through to completion.
- Serving as the connective tissue across functional teams to develop and share best practices.
- Influencing cross-functional stakeholders on goal setting, process design, project planning and decision making.
Who’s a good fit for this role?
A great candidate for this role:
- Has a degree from an accredited College or University.
- Has excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills.
- Is a polished professional having significant experience (minimum 3 years) supporting the senior executive/senior management team.
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational studies.
- Is able to identify management and operational problems, investigate and evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
- Has a strong understanding of situational leadership, able to adapt leadership style to team members, to optimize output.
- Can interpret, explain and apply complex policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Can represent the CEO in meetings with others and make effective public presentations.
- Can organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Has a strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to maintain focus and drive results.
- Must be an all-around awesome leader.
Benefits of the role
- Full-time compensation.
- Annual leave.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An emotionally intelligent team.
- Access to literary events and books.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package.
- Monthly mobile data.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2020.