Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization and Capacity Building Adviser (State Level)
Job type: Contract
- The Community Mobilization and Capacity Building Adviser will provide technical assistance in the mobilization of women into affinity groups ensuring that the process is inclusive, and the capacities of the women are built in accordance with the Project Development Objective and in accordance with the characteristics of the LGAs in the respective states.
- This adviser will also support staff at LGA and community level to engage a broad range of actors, such as Government Institutions, (NGOs) etc. to partner with them for project implementation.
- Support the development of capacity building strategy for the project detailing the approach, processes at each level, methodologies and quality assurance mechanism
- Support the development of capacity building strategy for WAGs detailing the approach, processes at each level, methodologies and quality assurance mechanism
- Support development of the training plan including budget and logistics requirements as per timelines detailed in the project workplan
- Support the development and finalization of training materials in consultation with subject matter experts and other team members, as required
- Organize ToTs for LGA staff and Ward Facilitators
- Support the identification of existing women groups in the community, assess their practices/mode of operation, and existing interventions beneficial to the women groups
- Advice LGA staff and Ward Facilitators on the use of participatory and informed social mobilization strategies to identify excluded women
- Support LGA relevant staff to mobilize women into Women Affinity Groups at the community level
- Advise and collaborate with the State Behavioural Chance Adviser in identifying and developing partnership with key stakeholders at the State level such as Learning Institutions, CSOs, FBOs and other relevant Institutions for WAGs capacity building
- Assist in the development and delivery of training modules on life skills and psycho-social training to trainers to WAGs members
- Advise and support the implementation of strategies to avoid elite capture and exclusion as part of project formation
- Develop and design the strategy for systematic tracking of the WAGs members in various communities
- Support the project in the area of knowledge transfer and institutionalization
- Assist and advise in the preparation of state workplans
- Ensure quality control of all Social mobilization activities and at all levels
- Assist the Communications Adviser in promoting the project by providing substantive input for stories, articles and other PR activities
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the project
- Master in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology) or a related field. Combination of Bachelor’s degree and experience is also acceptable
- 5 to 7 years of experience in social mobilization, and organising trainings for groups and individuals at all levels. Knowledge of the corresponding project State social characteristics.
- Ability to work with communities from various social, religious and cultural backgrounds, have good communication skill (both speaking and oral). He / she should have the ability to work as part of a team
Application Closing Date