ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustice and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Fundraising Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Resource Mobilization & Innovation
Line Management: Face to Face Fundraisers, Lagos
Overall Job Purpose
- The position holder will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing innovative and creative fundraising actions and initiatives to support the growth of ActionAid Nigeria’s funding base. S/he will be involved in coordinating project management amongst staff and ActionAid governance structure towards the successful implementation of special fundraising outreaches.
- S/he should be dynamic, people-focused, highly innovative, a team player, a fantastic communicator and have the ability to grasp what’s important to potential donors/supporters and leadership.
- This role requires continuous engagement with people, including individuals, corporates and High value partners.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that promote regular giving, manage fundraising event/activities by coordinating with several key people and third-party organizations to participate in the actual event
- Develop and implement fundraising activities, such as corporate fundraising programs, employer gift matching and annual giving campaigns
- Compile or develop materials to submit for sponsorships to other funding organizations
- Identify/ build relationships with major corporate organizations and potential donors
- Solicit /Secure cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business or corporate donors at events, meetings and conferences.
- Identify and develop relationships with new potential donors
- Write reports and provide monthly updates to the team regarding fundraising duties and events.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies that will establish a donor database to strategically pursue fundraising relationships with interested parties
- Responsible for carrying out independent research to identify fundraising opportunities, monitor progress of the fundraising drives and generate alternative resources for the organization
- Responsible for conceptualising innovative ideas for effective resource mobilisation
- Responsible for monitoring events and programmes for fundraising opportunities and partnership
- Manage and supervise fundraising volunteers, and delegates task to Volunteers to make sure that each is able to perform efficiently and productively, ensuring targets are met
- Liaise with the Supporter Services Advisor to update supporters signed on from the innovative fundraising projects
- Responsible for coordinating the management of potential supporters for long term program of donation and fundraising opportunities
- Harness networks and contacts to build working relationships with potential funders and supporters
- Contribute to the development of reports to the Governance structure
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of all contractual agreements with donors and supporters
- Ensure effective performance management of all line staff
- Facilitate capacity building for staff on fundraising and supporter/donor management
- Visit communities and participate in relevant AAN activities towards influencing resource mobilization.
- Internal: All AAN staff, Board and General Assembly members
- External: Supporters, Donors, Private sector organizations, Communities
- First degree in relevant studies including Public Relations, Marketing and relevant course in Social Sciences, Arts or in Humanities
- Membership of a Relevant Professional body.
- At least 5 years working experience
- At least two years in a job role requiring client management and liaison
- At least two years working in fundraising role in a social enterprise
- Private sector experience
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & writing skills - excellent English oral and written skills
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent research and analytical skills - ability to spot and take advantage of donation opportunities
- People management abilities - be social, positive and enthusiastic
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Leadership skills
- Experience managing volunteers to deliver community activities and events
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholders and fundraising resources
- Proven ability to proactively engage media outlets and/or general public to advance a cause, including engagement with online communities
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ActionAid’s values, mission and objectives; and a working style that reflects these
- Creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Ethical, professional and friendly.
- Demonstrate utmost respect
- Experience of or interest in working in the business sector and understanding of the Nigerian business environment
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Fundraising Advisor - Lagos as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.