ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustice and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Hub (Website) Consultant
Responsible to: Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) Project Manager
Line Management: None
Duration: Long Term (twice a week, for a maximum of 8 days in a month)
- The Consultant will work as an Administrator for the WVL Project Feminist Hub. S/he will oversee the operations of the Hub through generation, publishing and management of content, maintaining hub design, streamlining navigation, and increasing the Hub’s online presence especially among Women’s Rights Organizations. In addition, the Consultant will be required to carry out routine checks on the website and give informed assessment whenever required.
- Work with the WVL Communications Officer to generate Hub Content
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information
- Manage, monitor and upgrade the Hub/Website
- Respond to and troubleshoot all Hub/Website issues
- Identify and respond to all Hub/Website security breaches.
- Ensure that the Hub/Website is protected by enabling appropriate security measures
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User experience of the website regularly
- Collaborate with AAN’s Communications Team and ICT Unit to ensure the Hub aligns with the Project’s brand and meets AAN’s standards
- Create strategies to grow Hub/Website subscriber base and Web Traffic Metrics
- Facilitate user engagement through effective delivery of Hub Content using Push Notifications
- Keep up-to-date with Industry Best Practice to keep the Hub/Website Relevant
- Provide administrative support within the AAN ICT unit
- Internal: All Staff
- External: Partners, Donors & other stakeholders
- First degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or any related Field
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a Website Manager
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to maximize traffic to the Hub
- Experience managing websites in the Social Development Sector
- Ability to troubleshoot user issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent content creation and writing Skills
- Strong Communications and Interpersonal Skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong attention to details with an analytical Mind and Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to Multi-task.
- Updated awareness of marketing techniques
- Ability to transfer skills through capacity building
- Expert knowledge of Macro- media suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values and objectives
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications electronically to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Hub (Website) Consultant - Abuja as the subject of the mail.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.